Litecoin (CCC:LTC-USD) is on the rise Monday as traders within the cryptocurrency hope it reaches the $400 mark quickly.
Supply: Wit Olszewski / Shutterstock.com
Litecoin was buying and selling at round $392 this morning and that constructive motion may carry it larger. Whereas it already jumped about $400 yesterday, it didn’t keep above that value. Buyers are little doubt hoping they will push it larger once more and preserve it from falling.
Preserving that in thoughts, we’re having a look at Litecoin and everything investors need to know about it.
- For starters, Litecoin is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that was created to be open supply.
- The creator of the cryptocurrency is laptop scientist Charlie Lee.
- Lee was working for Google earlier than it turned Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOGL,GOOG) when he created Litecoin and later went on to have a job at Coinbase (NASDAQ:COIN) for a time.
- The cryptocurrency was an early spinoff of Bitcoin (CCC:BTC-USD) that was made in October 2011.
- Whereas a spin-off of bitcoin, there are numerous variations between the 2 cryptocurrencies.
LTC was up 7.9% as of midday Monday over a 24-hour interval. The cryptocurrency can also be sitting 209.2% larger for the reason that begin of the 12 months.
Cryptocurrency lovers have loads of choices to select from with lots of them gaining recognition of late.
That features new cryptos, in addition to some outdated ones which might be gaining steam. A couple of examples of cryptos value testing embody Shiba Inu (CCC:SHIB-USD), Dogecoin (CCC:DOGE-USD), Ethereum (CCC:ETH-USD), and Stellar Lumens (CCC:XLM-USD). Buyers can study extra about these and different crypto information beneath.
Monday Crypto Information
On the date of publication, William White didn’t have (both straight or not directly) any positions within the securities talked about on this article.
The put up 11 Things to Know About Litecoin as LTC Investors Hope for the $400 Mark appeared first on InvestorPlace.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the creator and don’t essentially replicate these of Nasdaq, Inc.